Never Let Me Down is an album by David Bowie, released in 1987. Bowie strived to return to more guitar-driven, rock tunes with this album.
The album was written and recorded entirely for Bowie's next planned tour, the legendary Glass Spider Tour, therefore much of the album's material feature spoken introductions; ethereal verses and grand, impressive choruses.
The album sold well commercially, but was panned critically, owing to the common perception that the late '80s were a low point for Bowie artistically.
- Day-In Day-Out
- Time Will Crawl
- Beat of Your Drum
- Never Let Me Down
- Glass Spider
- Shining Star (Makin' My Love)
- New York's in Love
- 87 and Cry
- Too Dizzy
- Bang Bang
- David Bowie – lead and background vocals; guitar; keyboards; Mellotron; Moog synthesizer; harmonica; tambourine
- Carlos Alomar – guitar; guitar synthesizer; tambourine; backing vocals
- Erdal Kızılçay – keyboards; drums; bass guitar; trumpet; violins; backing vocals
- Peter Frampton – lead guitar, sitar
- Philippe Saisse – piano
- Carmine Rojas – bass guitar
- Stan Harrison – alto saxophone
- Steve Elson – baritone saxophone
- Lenny Pickett – tenor saxophone
- Earl Gardner – flugelhorn
- Laurie Frink – trumpet
- Errol "Crusher" Bennett – percussion
- Sid McGinnis – lead guitar on "Day-In Day-Out", "Time Will Crawl" and "Bang Bang"
- Mickey Rourke – mid-song rap on "Shining Star (Makin' My Love)"
- Robin Clark – backing vocals
- Lani Groves – backing vocals
- Diva Gray – backing vocals
- Gordon Grody – backing vocals
|David Bowie studio albums|
|David Bowie (1967 album), David Bowie (1969 album), The Man Who Sold The World, Hunky Dory, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, Aladdin Sane, Pin Ups, Diamond Dogs, Young Americans, Station to Station, Low, "Heroes", Lodger, Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps), Let's Dance, Tonight, Never Let Me Down, Black Tie White Noise, 1.Outside, Earthling, Hours, Heathen, Reality, The Next Day, Blackstar|